- Hear the unique acoustic phenomenon at the natural Jeita Grotto
- Admire views of Jounieh Bay from the magnificent Our Lady of Lebanon statue
- Explore the ancient town of Byblos, and see the port where Cadmous set sail with the first alphabet
- All taxes
DETAILED PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
On this day trip through Beirut, visit the Jeita Grotto, which was nominated as one of the 7 Wonders of the World. Its many stalactites and stalagmites and natural sound-amplifying system create a one-of-a-kind acoustic phenomenon.
After a boat cruise down the river, visit the statue of Our Lady of Lebanon, Harissa, which overlooks the Jounieh Bay and offers panoramic views similar to that of Rio de Janeiro's statue of Christ. The only way to travel back down to the coast is aboard a teleferique, a one-of-a-kind trip in the Middle East.
End the day at Byblos, one of the oldest still inhabited cities in the world and one of the most important archaeological sites in the area. Walk the streets and visit sites dating as far back as the time of the Phoenicians. Explore the historically preserved St. John's Church, and visit Byblos's fisherman's port, where Cadmous set sail to spread the first written alphabet.
- Jeita Grotto usually closes for 18 days in January and February, and is closed every Monday.
- Harissa - The cable car Tuesday morning
Our tour does not operate on these days.